CA still is the ultimate career choice for commerce graduates in Kolkata and leads all other commerce-based career options with the professional prosperity it promises. Many CA training institutes have been established in Kolkata over yester years. The number of students attending CA Preparation Classes in Kolkata are increasing remarkably year after year due to the prestigious job designations it assures students with.
To achieve the prestigious CA degree, a candidate first needs to successfully clear the CPT exam – the first stage of the entire course, The CPT is conducted twice a year – in the months of June and December. The number of students preparing for CA CPT in Kolkata are getting higher and higher year by year due to high prosperity career opportunities for CA degree holders. . The CA CPT exam consists of two sessions – Session I and Session II of 100 marks each, 2 hours each and 2 papers in each session. A candidate needs to pass in each of these papers and needs to achieve a minimum of 50% of the total marks of these 4 papers to successfully pass CA CPT.
4 Papers which constitute CA CPT Exam structure
- Fundamentals of Accounting – It is of 60 marks and is in Session I. Minimum pass marks is 18.
- Mercantile Laws – It is of 40 marks and is in Session II. Minimum pass marks is 12.
- General Economics – It is of 50 marks and is in Session II. Minimum pass marks is 15.
- Quantitative Aptitude – It is of 50 marks and is in Session II. Minimum pass marks is 15.
The examination structure of CA CPT is changing from June 2017 with the addition of two new papers and the pattern of examination questions.
4 important changes in CA CPT Exam pattern with effect from June, 2017
- Change in exam name – The name of the examination will change from ‘Common Proficiency Test’ to Foundation Exam.
- Change in type of questions – There will be some Multiple Choice Questions and some Descriptive Questions.
- Advancement in Registration time – Currently, registration is done 6 months before examination, for June 2017 examination, registration should be done 9 months before.
- Addition of two new papers – General English (of 40 Marks) and Business and Commercial Knowledge (of 40 Marks) will be two new papers in CA CPT Exam from June, 2017.