There are certain eligibility criteria that have to be fulfilled to register for the CMA Foundation examination. Check out the criteria for all three levels.The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants is considered as one of the most reputed financial schools in the country. The establishment has contributed loads by producing a horde of scholars in the financial and business world. If a commerce student is feeling confused while deciding the right career option then opting to build the career in ICWAI can be the best choice. Today, most of the private firms are keen to appoint a talented Cost Accountant who can monitor and promote the financial information from different departments of the firm. If one thinks that he or she is good at these points then Cost Accountancy is the right option to go ahead with. It is not at all easy to become a Cost Accountant by profession. One needs to clear all three levels of ICWA CMA Foundation examinations. Every year, the ICWA hires the most brilliant students for the cost accountancy course. Through a test, this educational establishment judges the detailed understanding of the aspirants in fields such as cost and financial management, capability of maintaining the fine balance between the expenditure and means, and the communicative skills. The examination is conducted twice in a year, in June and December.
Eligibility Criteria for the Foundation Course:-
- Class ten passed or qualified in an equivalent examination from any recognized education institution or higher secondary school board.
- The students who are waiting for their results can apply for the course too.
- Senior secondary examination under the twelfth board scheme under a recognized body, or an examination conducted by the central government, or the student must have qualified the National Diploma in the commerce examination conducted by the All India Council for the technical education, or the diploma in the Rural Service examination organized by the National Council of Higher Education.
Eligibility Criteria for the Intermediate Course:-
- Candidates who have qualified the Senior Secondary School Examination and the Foundation course of the ICWAI, or graduation degree in any discipline except Fine Arts, or the entry-level exam of the CAT Institute, or the second level examination of CAT.
- Must have qualified the foundation of the ICSI or the intermediate of the ICAI along with the twelfth board examination.
- The students who are waiting for their results are also eligible to take admission.
Eligibility Criteria for the Final Level of the Course:-
- Must have passed the intermediate level of the course.
- Must be a graduate in any discipline other than Fine Arts.
- The aspirants who have qualified all the eight papers of CMA Intermediate level are allowed to apply for the CMA final level as well.
The reputed coaching institutes not only open batches for CMA classes but also arranges batches for CS Executive Classes in Kolkata. The students are prepared here for a couple of months under the guidance of the most experienced faculties.